Skaters' Code of Responsibility
Ice skating is an inherently dangerous and physically demanding athletic ability. Please abide by the following rules and help make Winter Village a wonderful experience for everyone. Thank you.
- You must have a Winter Village skater wristband to enter the ice rink.
- You must wear ice skates to enter the ice rink.
- Read and abide by all signs.
- Follow announcements, and obey the instructions of the skate guards.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Cell phones, headphones, cameras, backpacks, and pocketbooks are not permitted on the ice.
- Food and drinks are not permitted on the ice.
- Skating while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- No sitting or climbing on the railings.
- No carrying a child while ice skating. This is very dangerous for the child.
- No more than two people may hold hands while skating.
- Do not congregate at the railings or block the entrances/exits.
- The center of the ice rink is for skating lessons and figure skating.
- Spins and jumps are not permitted when the rink is crowded.
- Please report any injury to a Winter Village staff member.
- Skate respectfully.
- No abusive, aggressive, abrasive or disorderly conduct, which may include weaving, pushing and power stopping.
- If you are skating in any manner that endangers your fellow skaters, you may be warned and/or asked to leave the ice. Winter Village staff members reserve the right to permanently ban aggressive skaters from The Rink.
Skating time limit is approximately 1.5 hours so that everyone can enjoy free public ice skating at Winter Village.
Acknowledgement of Risk
Release of liability and waiver of all claims by persons entering Winter Village at Bryant Park
Participant and/or Participant's parent(s) or guardian(s) (individually and collectively, "Participant") understands, acknowledges, and agrees that ice skating is an inherently dangerous and physically demanding activity. Participant assumes full responsibility for any risk of injury, property damage, or death while participating in any activity at Winter Village at Bryant Park and all related facilities and surrounding areas (collectively, "Winter Village").
Participant hereby waives any and all claims including, but not limited to, bodily injury, property damage, or death, that Participant or Participant's heirs, assigns, and/or legal representatives may have against Bryant Park Corporation ("BPC"), Rink Management Systems ("RMS"), the sponsors of Winter Village, and/or the City of New York, and/or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers, arising out of Participant's use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates.
Participant hereby releases and holds harmless BPC, RMS, the sponsors of Winter Village, and/or the City of New York, and/or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers arising from any and all liability for any loss, damage, or expense that Participant or Participant's heirs, assigns, and/or legal representatives may suffer as a result of Participant's use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, negligence or breach of contract on the part of BPC, RMS, any sponsor of Winter Village, or the City of New York, or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers, in the operation, supervision, design, maintenance, or condition of Winter Village.
Participant agrees to abide by the "Code of Ice Skater Responsibility" and to follow the instructions of the operating staff of Winter Village. Failure to follow this code of conduct or instructions may result in the termination of Participant's use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates without refund.
Participant permits BPC, RMS, the sponsors of Winter Village, and the City of New York to use any photographs, videotapes, recordings, or any other records taken while on the premises of Winter Village for publicity, advertising, or any other legitimate purpose. This facility is monitored by video surveillance.